When Baba was on the computer the other day, I said to him, "Your neck is out of alignment. Bring your head back to align with your shoulders." After that, I chuckled with a sense of accomplishment. How interesting people change with the things they learn. I would not pay much attention to body alignment a year ago. As a yoga teacher, I learn about human body. Besides the physical body, I also try to discover the subtle/astral/spiritual body.
I grew up at church and learned about not judging others by their appearance. Studying yoga philosophy helps reinforce this quality. Very Often we describe ourselves using such terms like, "I'm tall. I'm rich. I'm beautiful" Are these the right description for our true self? After peeling off the physical layer of "I", which is the body, how would we describe ourselves then? This is very interesting when we think this way with our spiritual eyes. It is so easy to lose ourselves in this material world. The things we see, the people we know, the life we create can all become the obstacles to discover our true self. We become what people see in us, we become what we create for ourselves, we become someone that we don't really know or like. So how can we distinguish our true self from all the other forms we see?
First, we have to have faith, to believe that the true self exist. We have spiritual body that will exist through eternity. This true self has unlimited potential to become like God.
Second, we find a path to help us. For some, it could be studying the scriptures, praying to God; for others, it could be meditation, practicing yoga. No matter what we choose, it takes a sincere heart, steady and long-lasting effort to progress.
After we see our true self, even just a glimpse; after we taste the sweetness of God's love; after we realize the energy that flows beyond our physical eyes, WE SERVE. We serve ourselves, we serve others and we serve God.
Gradually, the little light in us will shine brighter and brighter. It brings us wisdom, tranquility, happiness, contentment and love.
Now I see people differently. When I come across someone, I would try to get to know the person inside of him, instead of the one I see outside. I feel I am in a different world when I do that. It makes me feel good. I see more and I feel more. I feel less confusion and my mind is calmer.




1 comments:
I sure miss you, HshiYi! Thanks for the sweet message.
Post a Comment