CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Utah Trip


I went on a trip to Utah at the beginning of April for the 1oth anniversary of my mission. My friend took me to Jordan River Temple at the first night. Temple is a sacred place for us to perform ordinances for ourselves and the deceased. It's a blessing from God to connect with Him and with our ancestors. It's Heaven on earth. I was so glad to be able to go to the temple and learned the things that make my spirit grow and calm.

I attended three sessions of General Conference. I was blessed to sit very close to see the prophet in person. As I watched his face, I felt the spirit and testified to me that President Monson was the prophet of God. As long as I follow his teachings, I will be able to go back to my Heavenly Father, have an eternal family and achieve the exaltation.
It was great to hear the Tabernacle Choir sing. It was once my dream to become one of them. Although I have chosen another path, I still felt tingling under the skin when I saw the choir. My friend kept encouraging me to make the dream come true. I know I can not at this point but I do start thinking about singing again.

It was my second time seeing the beauty of Salt Lake temple. It touches my heart thinking about the people who spent 40 years building this temple and transported white granite from 20 miles away. It was 4 days journey for both trips. It took numerous people's great effort and faith to finish this House of the Lord. I'm truly grateful for these people and for the Lord to bring this great light on earth, which brings us great joy and peace.

Oh, how I loved my mission president and his late wife. They were my parents on my mission and continued helping me in this life journey. President Kim's new wife happened to be a sister who watched me grow up. I'm grateful for this relationship with them.



This kid was my friend's and he's super cool. I taught them yoga when I stayed there and we had fun doing yoga every day. He loved doing yoga and meditating.

0 comments: