CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Inner Freedom

I have been thinking about freedom lately. The freedom our spiritual bodies feel. Most of the time we feel the constriction of our physical bodies with inflexibility, sickness or lethargy. We try to overcome this by exercising and eating healthy. Once we get to the deeper level of mind and spirit, it is not that easy to set up a plan and see its progression.

I practice meditation and pray to God. That is the time I get to check in with myself and see the condition of my spirit. I desire for the freedom of my spirit. One way to achieve that stage is to practice "non-attachment". For example, when someone say something hurtful to you, you feel bad. You choose to get attached to the things he says to you and develop negative emotion in yourself. We get attached to many things or people in this world. We are afraid of losing them. We are bound by these things and can't feel free from them.

When we ponder or meditate, we watch our minds and learn to focus on one thing. Once we feel the stillness of the mind, we can apply this to everything we encounter in life. We watch the thoughts and mind and direct it to the desired place. We detach ourselves from outside world and look inward. And this is practicing yoga.

My spirit desire to be free. One day maybe this desire would even disappear and then I would truly be free!

0 comments: